Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to live in North East Lincolnshire to apply for a grant?

  • Yes, you must be a resident of North East Lincolnshire to be eligible.

Do I need to be an existing service user of Care Plus Group?

  •  No, applications are open to all residents of North East Lincolnshire, even if you have had no previous dealings with Care Plus Group.


I need some specialist equipment, can I apply for a grant?

  • If your health or wellbeing would benefit from a piece of equipment not currently provided by the NHS or other funding, you can apply for a grant to supply this equipment.


What amounts can I apply for?

  • Grants are available for values between £100 – £5,000.


I have part funding already, can I apply for a grant for the remainder?

  • You can apply for funding for part of the cost of an item. You are also able to use funding as match funding for other funding sources.


Can a group apply or it is just for individuals?

  • Grants are available for community groups and individuals. Grants are not available for businesses, social enterprises or other registered charities.


Does the group need to already exist?

  • No, if you need funding for equipment or training to set up a group you can apply for a grant.


Can I apply for funding for the running of a community group?

  • Grants are for one-off purchases of equipment or training and are not applicable for the ongoing costs of running a community group.


What type of community group is eligible?

  • The group must be based in North East Lincolnshire and be of benefit to the health and wellbeing of members.


How do I apply?

  • Apply by downloading our application form


How long does the application process take?

  • This will depend on when the Charitable Trust Application Board are meeting but you will be informed of the timescales when we send you acknowledgement that we have received your application.


How is the money paid?

  • If successful you will be presented with a cheque from the Charitable Trust.


Will the Trust buy the equipment on my behalf?

  • We can help you source the equipment you require, but will not purchase on your behalf.


Will I need to supply proof of purchase?

  • If you are purchasing equipment or services with the grant you will be required to provide a copy of receipt or proof of purchase to us.


How can I donate?

  • Donations can be sent to us by cheque made payable to Care Plus Group Charitable Trust and sent to Care Plus Group Charitable Trust, The Val Waterhouse Centre, 41-43 Kent Street, Grimsby, DN32 7DH. If your donation is as a result of fundraising, then please also complete and enclose the donation form
  • You can also donate through our mydonate page


Can I set up my own online giving page?

  • To make it easier to fundraise you can set up your own online giving page through mydonate and nominate Care Plus Group as your charity. Mydonate do not take a commission so we receive 100% of the money you have raised.


Who we have helped