The Community Learning Disability Team provides a range of specialist professionals and services to support adults over 18 years old with a learning disability. These include an Accessible Information Officer, Administration Staff, Health and Well-being Co-ordinators, Carers’ Support Workers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapists, and Learning Disability Nurses.
The team provides:
- Health action planning to maintain and improve health and well-being
- Advice, information and practical help for carers
- Assessment, advice and interventions regarding communication issues and eating, drinking and swallowing problems
- Assessment, advice and interventions regarding mobility issues, specialist seating, equipment and adaptations
- Support to access mainstream health services
- Health promotion activities such as trampoline, health walks, adapted cycling etc.
- Support to manage complex health conditions
- Accessible information and the Saying It All website
View all services