The Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Service

What does the Adult ADHD service in North East Lincolnshire offer?

The Adult ADHD Service in North East Lincolnshire can be accessed via a referral from your GP or other professional.

– Medication
We currently provide medication assessments with a Consultant Psychiatrist and Mental Health Practitioner (Nurse). We work closely with your GP and ask that they prescribe the medication for you. We will talk to you at your appointments about what options are available to you and help you decide which treatment may be best for you. Once started on a new treatment, we will see you regularly to make sure we get the right dose, keeping in touch with your GP to let them know of any changes. When you are stable on your medication we will review your medication regularly, at least once a year, to make sure everything is still okay and update your GP.

– Support Groups
Many people accessing our service have reported wanting support to learn coping strategies, including Mindfulness and skills to help them reduce the impact their ADHD Symptoms have on their life. Therefore we have different groups that you can access according to your needs. We will tell you more about what groups are running when you access the service.

– Therapy
There is currently no evidence that talking therapy can help people with ADHD, however, we do offer people the opportunity to talk through how their ADHD impacts on their life and we can support people to access mainsteam mental health services for talking therapy if they need this for co-existing difficulties, such as Anxiety and Depression.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us. You can also download the leaflet on this page.


Queen Street Centre
Queen Street
North East Lincolnshire
DN31 1QG

Contact us

Telephone: 01472 571120

Opening Hours

Monday to Thursday, 9.00am – 5pm
Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm

Accessing this Service

The Adult ADHD Service in NEL can be accessed via a referral from your GP or other professional. 


Our Latest News